Friday, August 15, 2008

3 more cards in bellas house

This first card is pretty basic, it would make a good card for a workshop card... the best part of it won't even show on this... The fun flock on the mouses face, hands, legs and tail. Makes him all fuzzy and soft. The inside says "Thank you"! I use almost all Stampin Up colors because I love how everything is so easy to match and everything coordinates. The colors on this one are: Yo Yo Yellow, Basic Black, and Purely Pomagranite- which is a retired color now. I watercolored with my watercolor crayons which I couldn't live without. Stamps: Happy Heart Day (a perfect Valentine's day set) and I used the heart out of Boat Loads of Love.

Fun card to make... and fairly easy.

I made this second card when I first got my new colors. I LOVE the new colors that Stampin up is offering this year...the In Color line is always fun, Trendy colors that explode with attitude. On this card I picked Pink Pirouette, Kiwi and tossed in the Regal Rose. This is one of my ALL time FAVORITE stamp sets... I will be truly sad when they retire it... I use it all the time it seems... Heartfelt thanks. Nothing too exciting about this card... except that I used exactly 1/4 a sheet of each pink (plus a small piece of Pink Pirouette, and a small strip of the Kiwi. This is a paper saving layout and IT LOOKS LIKE I USED LOTS OF PAPER LAYERS.

Let me know if you wanna know more about this technique.

Lastly, We have this fun card... this was my first time with the shaving cream technique. Have you tried it? OH MY GOSH WHAT A COOL TECHNIQUE. I have been stamping for a long time now... and I kept seeing that people do this technique... but this was the first time I actually was "willing to make a mess." (which on a side note, isn't really that big of a mess.) What do you do? Here I will give you a quick explination:

First put some shaving cream into an empty stampin-store box.(the plastic box that you get your stamps in) I just put enough to lightly cover the bottom of the box... at least in the size of the paper you are going to cover. NEXT, drop a few drops of re-inker into the shaving cream (I used the same colors as paper Baja Breeze and Bayou blue) next use a popcicle or scewer or some kind of stick to swirl around the colors in the shaving cream. Until you see the swirls the way you want them to be. NOW lay your Glossy White Paper on top of the shaving cream... and lift. You can sandwhich it with another piece and keep going with the shaving cream in the box - you can make several peices of marbled paper this way. Now with a paper towel gently rub off the shaving cream and your ink and color will be left behind. Isn't it cool!!! LOVE IT!

The colors I used on here are: Baja Breeze (new this year to the SU In Color family) and I used a retired color called Bayou Blue, and whisper white. I used a hostess set from last catalog and I used the background stamp called Canvas. The only other little tid-bit of information that you might need to duplicate this card is I used my chipboard - On Board Simon Lower Case, they have some {'s in there... I popped one out and traced around it... and then I cut it out... I used some sweet little tools called Magic Matters to make a perfect mat around it so that I would have my perfect {... the white one you see next to the word Thanks is paper punched... I used my "Rounded tag" punch and cut it out it makes the perfect shape as well.
Hope you enjoy, if you end up trying the technique you should write me so I can see the finished product! See you in a couple days when I will have 3 more Bella house cards.

No comments: